Here is what you can do to prepare your family in case COVID-19 spreads in your community.
Know Your Local Information
Know where to find local information on COVID-19 and local trends of COVID-19 cases.
Know the Signs and Symptoms
Be sure to know what the signs and symptoms are and what to do if you are symptomatic:
- Stay home when you are sick
- Call your health care provider’s office in advance of a visit
- Limit movement in the community
- Limit visitors
Take Steps for Those at Higher Risk
Know what additional measures those at higher risk and who are vulnerable should take.
Protect Yourself & Family
Implement steps to prevent illness. For example stay home when sick, handwashing, respiratory etiquette, clean frequently touched surfaces daily.
Create a household plan of action
in case of illness in the household or disruption of daily activities due to COVID-19 in the community.
- Consider 2-week supply of prescription and over the counter medications, food and other essentials. Know how to get food delivered if possible.
- Establish ways to communicate with others (e.g., family, friends, co-workers).
- Establish plans to telework, what to do about childcare needs, how to adapt to cancellation of events.
Stay Informed About Emergency Plans
Know about emergency operations plans for schools/workplaces of household members.